Thursday, October 31, 2013

Random Thoughts on Previews #302

Marvel

  • So after "Marvel Now" comes "All-New Marvel Now"? And they're still doing "point ones"? When will the insanity end? 
  • Inhuman #1 - I'll probably get the first issue. I'm reluctant to add more Marvel books to my pull list after finally cutting it down to a reasonable size, but I can't help it. I'm weak. 
  • All-New Invaders #1 - When did James Robinson switch over to Marvel? I'm always happy when people leave DC, but this book doesn't really have any appeal to me otherwise. John Cassaday covers, urgh.
  • Okay, that whole "#22.now = #1" makes no fucking sense. Who dreams up these gimmicks at Marvel? 
  • Avengers World #1 & 2 - Jonathan Hickman's Avengers epic is getting pretty freaking expensive to follow. Or, wait, is this replacing New Avengers? Hmm. All I know is that I'm not going to buy three Hickman Avengers books anymore after Infinity ends. Especially not $4 dollar ones that double-ship half the time. 
  • Black Widow #1 & 2 - Phil Noto on art. Sold. 
  • All-New X-Factor #1 & 2 - Peter David and Carmine Di Giandomenico. Tempting. But why is Gambit on this team? Blargh. 
  • Mighty Avengers #5 - I'm super into this series so far, so yeah, I'm in. Despite Greg Land's art.
  • There's a whole section of Inhumanity tie-ins and I don't really know what that is. I didn't realize there was some kind of event on top of the Inhuman series, and why isn't Inhuman #1 in the Inhumanity section? Confusing. Anyway, I'm probably just going to ignore all this.
  • Miracleman #1 & 2 - Alan Moore is credited as "the original writer," as in, his name doesn't appear in the description because he specifically requested not to be mentioned. This whole thing makes me a little uncomfortable. Don't think I'm gonna get this. Some of those covers are really nice, though. 
  • Empire of the Dead: Act One #1 - Written by George Romero with art by Alex Maleev. Meh, I don't know. I like Maleev, but do we really need this?
  • New Avengers #14 - Oh no, hey, this series is still going, and for some reason it's in a completely different section than the other Hickman Avengers titles. I don't get it. Also, which one of these books will I have to drop?
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: The Movie Adaptation #1 - WHY?
  • Daredevil #35 - Man, Chris Samnee is still drawing this? This is the book that I most regret dropping this year. Why did I do that?!
  • I kinda want that Warlock collection.
Dark Horse
  • I don't really have anything to say about any of these books. Except maybe that Brian Wood's run on Conan the Barbarian better end soon because I'm like 15 issues behind and for some reason I can't stop buying it anyway and the issues are just gonna keep piling up until it ends.
DC Comics
  • Everything looks awful.
  • Gothtopia lolz
  • Catwoman is the new Robin?!
  • What's wrong with Hal Jordan's face?!
IMAGE
  • Deadly Class #1 - I don't know, I'm not really feeling it, but I'll probably try the first issue.
  • EGOs #1 - Same.
  • Bad Dog #6 - OMG, why did it take like a million years for this last issue to come out!?
  • Final issue of Prophet! Sad. Such a great book. 
OTHER
  • The Midas Flesh #2 (of 8) (Boom) - That looks kinda cool. Never saw the solicits for the first issue, but I'll try to remember to pick it up if they have it in the store. 
  • RASL: The Complete Edition HC - I want that.
  • I don't really understand the appeal of a Twilight Zone ongoing series.
  • Bad Ass #1 (Dynamite) - "If Kick-Ass and Deadpool had  a baby, it would be bad ass!" That sounds awful.
  • Apparently Al Ewing's run on Jennifer Blood is pretty good. I should check that out.
  • Everything that Valiant is publishing right now looks like all right. I kinda wish I hadn't dropped Harbinger.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP