I don't know if I actually have any regular readers. I do know I get some hits, because I'm using Google Analytics to track the traffic on this blog. But as far as I can tell, I don't have any regular readers at this point, other than a couple of my friends who I know check the blog once in a while.
That's okay. To be honest, I haven't really made a lot of efforts to update regularly, or to write the kinds of longer, insightful pieces I had in mind when I started this blog. Part of it has to do with laziness or lack of discipline. Part of it has to do with being busy with other projects. And a huge part of it has to do with my self-doubt in terms of my ability to write any intelligent commentary. This is especially true because I follow a lot of comic book blogs by writers who are more experienced than I am and who have been following comics for longer than I have and who seem to have more interesting things to say about them than I do.
In any case, I try not to let any of that stop me. In fact, I'm determined to keep writing about comics and to do so more regularly. And this is my big new year resolution:
- Starting now, I'm going to attempt to update this blog on a daily basis.
I know that this will probably be impossible, but I'm going to make every effort to update this blog at least once every day for the next 365 days. To achieve this, I'm going to be following a monthly posting schedule with several recurring features. Including:
- Is It Wednesday Yet? - a weekly look at noteworthy releases (weekly)
- 10 Panels - scans of the top 10 panels from random back issues, with or without commentary (biweekly)
- Five for Friday - 5 images by either fan artists or established comic book artists, found on Deviant Art, Tumblr or other blogs (weekly)
- Tim Drake from the Beginning - my long-delayed series following every significant Tim Drake story from his introduction as Robin up to his current role as Red Robin (monthly)
- Too Much Awesome - a look at monthly solicitations, usually split up in two or three posts (monthly)
- Read this month - a list of everything I read (monthly)
- Monthly pull list - a list of the comics I plan to pick up (monthly)
- Link Dump - links to posts of interest on other blogs, with or without commentary (occasional)
- Quick Reviews - short reviews of new comics, covering most of the stuff I buy each week (once or twice a week)
- Longer reviews focusing on full story arcs, or mini-series, or graphic novels (at least twice a month)
- Random essays, observations, commentary, rants (whenever, as often as possible)
I look forward to blogging about comics in 2011. If you are reading this, I hope you will join me. Consider adding this site to your bookmarks or subscribing to the RSS feed. And feel free to leave comments. I love comments. Even if you have nothing much to say. It's always nice to know that someone is reading out there.
Coming up in the next few days, my year-end review, plus all the features mentioned above and more.
Happy new year!